Maybelline Superstay 14hr Lipstick in Please Stay Plum Review - Indian Beauty Forever
Tuesday 22 April 2014

Maybelline Superstay 14hr Lipstick in Please Stay Plum Review

Post By: Priyanka
Maybelline Superstay 14hr lipstick in Please stay Plum 
Hi there!
I will review Maybelline Superstay 14hr lipstick in Please stay Plum. While a fuchsia or red lip has the ability to enhance the features of people, they are frowned upon in most offices due to their apparent “come hither” quality. In a professional environment people prefer going on for more earthy tones like brown, mauve or plum that are understated yet accentuate features efficiently.
Price: Maybelline Superstay 14hr lipsticks are priced at 525 INR for 3.3 grams in India.


Maybelline Superstay 14hr lipstick in Please stay Plum

For best results: Apply your lipcolor by starting in the centre of your upper lip. Work from the centre to the outer edges of your lip, following the contours of your mouth. Then glide across the entire bottom lip.
I purchased this Maybelline Superstay 14hr lipstick in Please stay Plum for my mom, at her behest. I wasn’t so sure if my mom would love it, read on to see if she did. 

My views on the product: My mother loves this lip colour! There are no two ways about it. This is the first lipstick that my mom has asked me to keep my clumsy paws off. Normally I am the one to issue this ultimatum, like the amazing kid that I am, this is the first time my mom has done so. :p


Maybelline Superstay 14hr lipstick in Please stay Plum


Maybelline Superstay 14hr lipstick in Please stay Plum
The colour is a gorgeously pigmented deep plum with golden microshimmer that looks great on my mom but even better on my slightly plumper lips. This lipstick can boast of almost single stroke opacity, so you can simply swipe it a few times and you’ll be good to go. It also has the distinct fragrance of my childhood love, the multicoloured candy called Poppins. The fragrance is strong when you apply the lipstick but fades away in a few moments so those who dislike fragrance in their products need to plug their noses for a few short moments, that’s all.
The finish of this lipstick is a bit hard to describe. It isn’t flat like a matte lipstick, yet it isn’t glossy but it’s a little more drying that satin. I guess you could call the finish something of a satin matte hybrid that works sufficiently well as long as you exfoliate your lips before application. Otherwise it’s sure to cling to the dry skin and look a little ghastly. 



Maybelline Superstay 14hr lipstick in Please stay Plum swatches
The problem is essentially in its formula, being a long stay formula it’s more sticky than most lipsticks that just leaves me with a bad after taste. It is also particularly loud mouthed for claiming to stay for 14 hours, but it has lasted a maximum of 8 hours on me. A feat in itself, but still considerably lower than the 14 hour mark. I also feel that at this price point, there are better lipstick ranges like the Rimmel or Revlon ones.

Pros of Maybelline Superstay 14hr Lipstick
Travel safe packaging
Gorgeous plum colour
Beautiful microshimmer
Long lasting formula
Single stroke opacity
Easy to locate
Poppins smell (certainly a con for some)
Wide range

Cons of Maybelline Superstay 14hr Lipstick
May not last beyond 8 hours
No ingredient list
At this price point, better packaging is expected
Sticky
Isn’t transferproof
Expensive
Accentuates fine lines
Doesn’t last for 14 hours as per the claim

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 Available at Flipkart Here
Would I repurchase?
Nah! I am not such a huge fan of the formula, personally. Moreover,I think there are better ranges.
Maybelline Superstay 14hr Lipstick in Please Stay Plum Review Reviewed by Niesha on 5:19 pm Rating: 5 Post By: Priyanka Maybelline Superstay 14hr lipstick in Please stay Plum   Hi there! I will review Maybelline Superstay 14hr lipstick in...

No comments:

I have changed the comment system due to which your lovely comments have been disappeared from a lot of posts.
I appreciate the time you take to comment but Kindly DO NOT PUT LINKS in the comments, they will be DELETED. Anonymous comments are disabled, Plz do mail me if you have questions!
:)

Niesha Jeenwal